Isle of Wight Walking Festival
Sunday 14th May 2017
With more than half of the Island recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and 500 miles of well-maintained footpaths , it's no wonder the Isle of Wight is home to the UK's largest walking festival. There are over 300 walks, many of which are themed including heritage trails, fossil hunting and even a speed dating walk.
Whether it's walking with Alpacas, encountering a zombie on a ghost walk, hiking round the Isle of Wight coastline or taking a leisurely stroll through beautiful gardens - there's a perfect walk for you, whatever your age, interest or ability.
- Family Discovery Walks: Short walks with plenty of exciting things to see and do, in town, country or on the beach. Walk in the footsteps of prehistoric dinosaurs or learn about the secret life of rock pools.
- For children, join in the Pram and Toddler walks – a great way to enjoy a stroll with the family. Alternatively join in one of our fascinating Story walks where children can walk along the shore at low tide searching for sea glass, driftwood and limpet shells – which will be woven into further tales.
- Ghost Walks: We won’t let you rest when darkness falls! Keep close behind our guides as they regale you with tales of mystery and suspense!
- Food Walks: The guilt free way to have your cake and eat it! Honey for Tea and Chale Tea Party walks will burn off enough energy to enjoy guilt free indulgence of tea and cakes.
- Garden Walks: The Garden Isle offers an abundance of breathtaking flora and fauna. Take in the stunning scenery and historical gardens on one of the many garden walks – Changing the Beds at Osborne, Bedding and Bluebells.
For further information please see www.IsleofWightWalkingFestival.co.uk
- WALK THE WIGHT Sun 15 May 2016 – For the final day of the Walking Festival, Red Funnel is encouraging people in Hampshire to lace up their walking boots in aid of Walk the Wight 2016.
Organised by Earl Mountbatten Hospice, the event sees thousands of people from both the mainland and the Island walk between 8 and 26.5 miles across the breadth of the Isle of Wight. This year the charity hopes to beat the incredible £270,458 raised in 2015 and is looking to hit a target of £300,000.
Following a successful launch in 2015, entrants can once again sign up via Red Funnel by purchasing an entry pack and foot passenger package for £32.50.
Detailed itineraries are available at www.redfunnel.co.uk/walkthewight