Isle of Wight Steam Railway tickets
Isle of Wight Steam Railway opening times, prices & tickets
The award winning Isle of Wight Steam Railway will engage, inspire and excite you ... The sight of powerful majestic steam engines, the charm of quiet rural stations, and the friendliness of traditionally uniformed staff, will leave you with some enduring memories of a special day out.
VisitEngland Attraction Accolade
Under the first round of VisitEngland Attraction Quality Scheme, Isle of Wight Steam Railway have been awarded the GOLD ACCOLADE as a top scoring attraction - one of just seventeen attractions across the country to have received an accolade - Many congratulations!
How to buy individual tickets
Save up to 33% on admission tickets to the Isle of Wight Steam Railway with any Red Funnel vehicle or ferry foot passenger journey to the Island - now that's something to shout about!
Step 1: Check the operating days & times below
Step 2: Select the number of tickets required. The actual price charged depends on the admission date
Step 3: Enter the rough date of your visit (tickets are valid +/- 7 days of the date entered)
Step 4: Click the red 'Add' button to add your tickets to the basket. Please then read T&C's and check-out.
Step 5: If you don't already have a ferry or an accommodation booking in the basket you can add these later.
2016 Train operating days
17, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,30, 31
|April||Every day except 11, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25, 29.|
|May||Every day except 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27.|
|June||Every day except 10, 11, 17, 18, 24,|
|September||Every day except 16, 17, 23, 26, 30|
|October||1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30,|
|December||Santa specials - bookable direct|
Please note that on operating days the first train leaves Havenstreet Station at 10.05am and the last round trip is at 3.57pm. Train Story opens at 11am and last admissions are at 4.30pm. - Average visitor time is between 3.5 and 4 hours.
Check out details of the new Bird of Prey Centre - opening Spring 2016! (Events and What's New tab)
Collecting admission tickets
- Vehicle customers: simply present your "Confirmation/eTicket" on arrival at check-in and your attraction ticket(s) will be printed there and then.
- Foot passengers: please go to the ticket office on arrival and your attraction ticket(s) will be printed on presentation of your "Confirmation/eTicket"
What to give the attraction
Just hand your credit card size ticket(s) to the attraction to gain entry. Tickets are valid for 7 days either side of the date you entered when adding the attraction to your basket. Package tickets are valid on the day of travel only.
Terms & Conditions
INDIVIDUAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Attraction admission tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with a booking for a vehicle or foot passenger(s) on Red Funnel´s Southampton/East Cowes route. Attraction tickets are non-refundable and must be used 7 days either side of the date entered. Additional charges (payable on admission) may apply to access special events and certain rides or activities. Standard terms and conditions of entry apply; please refer to the attraction for details.
PACKAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Offer valid for a day return vehicle ferry crossing from Southampton to East Cowes for a car and up to 4 / 5 people plus family admission to a participating attraction (family ticket composition varies across attractions, standard admission rates apply for additional passengers) when booked together via a qualifying Red Funnel package deal. Valid for private cars up to 2m in height and 6m in length. Offer valid from 19th March to 30th April 2016, excluding 25th March and 28th March. Valid for outward travel up to and including 10am from Southampton and return travel anytime from 4.30pm from East Cowes. Check individual packages for specific attraction opening dates and times. You must produce your eticket when checking in for your outward departure where you will be issued with your attraction entry tickets. Any amendments to travel will incur a £5 amendment charge and must meet the validity requirements of this package. Package offers are non-refundable. New bookings only. Conditions of carriage apply. Subject to availability. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Red Funnel reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer at anytime.
|Third Class Fares¹||Price|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||£32.50|
- ¹ Upgrades to first class travel may be made on the day from the railway, subject to availability
- Dogs must be kept on a lead - a £3 charge applies.
Red Funnel Special Offer Pricing
|Type||17 Mar - 22 Jul||23 Jul - 31 Aug||1 Sep - 30 Oct|
* Kids go FREE 1 - 10 April 2016
Special group rates are available for groups or coaches on selected dates. Please contact our Sales team on 0845 330 8889 for further details.
- Easter fun - 25, 26, 27 & 28 March 2016
- Real Ale Festival - 30 April, 1 & 2 May 2016
- Antique & Collectors Fair & Island Steam Day - 8 May 2016
- Isle of Wight Festival of Transport - 22 May 2016
- May Spring Gala - 28, 29 & 30 May 2016
- Workshop Open Day - 19 June 2016
- 1940's Weekend - 2 & 3 July 2016
- The Island Motor Show - 9 & 10 July 2016
- Motorcaravanners Rally - 15, 16 & 17 July2016
- Jaguar cars - 24 July 2016
- Railway Folk - 31 July - 2 August 2016
- Victorian weekend - 6 & 7 August 2016
- Island Steam Show - 26 - 29 August 2016
- Wine Festival - 24 & 25 September 2016
- Beer & Buses Event - 15 & 16 October 2016
- Wizzard Week - 24 - 28 October 2016
- Santa Specials operate on 3 & 4, 10 & 11, 17 & 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, December 2016 and are bookable direct with Isle of Wight Steam Railway.
New Bird of Prey Centre opens Spring 2016
Housing the largest collection of Birds of Prey on the Isle of Wight, although modest in size, boasts over 70 birds of 25 species whilst actively supporting Barn Owl and Vulture conservation.
Daily flying displays at 11.45am and 1.40pm (weather/events permitting) in the Showground.
April - October 10am to 5pm (last entry 4.30pm)
October - March 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3.30pm)
Admission Price - to be purchased from the gate on arrival
Adult 16yrs + - £5.00
Child 5-15yrs - £3.00
Infant 0-4yrs - Free (maximum 2 per adult)