Isle of Wight Weather Forecast & Statistics
Ten things to do regardless of the weather!
The Isle of Wight has a milder climate than mainland Britain and is one of the brightest places on the south coast. Certain parts of the Island like Ventnor even have their own micro-climate! Check out some ideas of what to do even if the sun doesn't have its hat on:
Things to do whatever the weather...
- Race the kids on the water slides at Blackgang Chine
- Unwind on an award winning beach
- Walk up Tennyson Down and admire the view
- Hop aboard the cliff side chair lift at Alumn Bay
- Head to Robin Hill Adventure Park for a family fun day out
- Enjoy the beauty of Mottistone Manor Gardens
- Marvel at the Victorian gardens at Osborne House
- Cool off in the tranquil Shanklin Chine
- Ventnor Botanic Gardens, the Island's answer to Kew
- Go horseriding on the beach or on leafy lanes
- Go tree climbing
- Visit the donkeys at Carisbrooke Castle
- See the Needles Battery & Britains Rocket Testing site
- Visit Bembridge Windmill - industrial archaeology at its best
- Travel back in time at the Isle of Wight Steam railway
- See TV's famous tigers at the Isle of Wight Zoo
- Feed the penguins, meerkats and wallabies at Seaview Wildlife Encounter
- Learn about Falconry at the Owl & Falconry Centre
- Visit the 17th-century Newtown Old Town Hall without a town!
- Step back in time at the Dinosaur Isle Museum
- Visit the award winning Brading Roman Villa
- Explore Queen Victoria's much loved Osborne House
- Learn about photographer Juliet Margaret Cameron at Dimbola Lodge
- Enjoy a complete rain forest experience at Amazon World
- Have a tropical time at Butterfly World
- See the latest art exhibitions at Quay Arts - great café!
- Learn about the history of yacht racing at the Sir Max Aitken Museum
- Watch working craftsman at the Arreton Barns Craft Village