Luggage, Pets & Bicycles
Due to limited space, luggage is restricted to two items per person. Larger quantities or bigger items can be carried on the Vehicle Ferry parcel service.
Carriage of Pets - NEW POLICY
Red Funnel welcomes pet owners on board its Red Jet services and makes no charge for the carriage of accompanied dogs or pets carried in RSPCA approved cages or containers. However, ferries can be unfamiliar places for pets so the following rules apply:-
- Dogs must be restrained by a harness or collar and lead whilst on board.
- Pets must be carried in RSPCA approved pet carriers and all pets, including dogs must not be allowed to sit on the seats or obstruct the emergency exists.
- Owners must ensure that their pet does not cause a nuisance to other passengers or the vessels crew. We strongly advise owners of aggressive or nervous dogs which can behave erratically in an unfamiliar environment or when in close proximity to other dogs or people to fit a muzzle.
- If a pet fouls the passenger accommodation or passenger gangways, a cleaning charge of £50 will be levied on the owner. Failure to pay this penalty to the Cabin Attendant or adhere to the Policy may result in our refusal to permit travel in future.
- To allow for 'calls of nature', customers are recommend to allow sufficient time to exercise their dog before arriving at the terminal and boarding the vessel.
Carriage of Bicycles
Unfortunately due to limited space, only fold-up cycles in a cycle bag can be carried on the Red Jet service. Ordinary cycles are carried free of charge on the vehicle ferry service to/from East Cowes. There are cycle rack facilities at Terminal 2 and West Cowes.