Ticketing & Check-in
Vehicle and Foot Passenger Ticketing & Check-in
Vehicle customers are requested to arrive 30-60 minutes prior to their booked departure time to allow for ticketing and embarkation checks.
Vehicles - tickets & check-in
- If you have pre-booked you should be in possession of a bar-coded eTicket or booking reference. On arrival at the ferry port please present your eTicket or quote the reference number at the check-in booth. If you purchased attraction admission tickets they will be handed to you. Please display the windscreen hanger if issued. Premium customers will join dedicated lanes for priority loading.
- If the check-in booth is not manned please read the signs and join the appropriate lane - terminal staff will check-in your vehicle prior to boarding.
- Smartphone users who are My Red Funnel members can simply login and retrieve their booking - staff can simply scan the barcode on the screen.
- For passenger counting purposes it is very important that the number of adults, children and infants in your vehicle matches the number stored in our booking system - if different we will need to amend your booking before boarding.
- If you don't have a reservation we may still be able to carry you - a booking will either be made at check-in or alternatively you will be directed to park in a specific lane so you can visit the ticket office or use the internet PC's to make a booking.
- Online bookings are possible up to 90 minutes before departure; telephone bookings (tel. 0844 844 9988) can be made up to 30 minutes before sailing.
- If you miss your booked sailing or the size of your vehicle is different to that booked you may have to pay an additional fee. Ideally, please phone 0844 844 9988 before you arrive so we can amend your booking - this helps prevent delays to sailings at busy times.
Foot Passengers - tickets & check-in
- Most foot passenger tickets for this route can be purchased online or from the ticket office or from self-service ticket machines either in advance of travel or on the day of departure.
- If you purchased attraction tickets online please quote your booking reference at the ticket office to receive your credit card size admission tickets.
- Foot passenger boarding normally commences 15-20 minutes prior to sailing. You will be required to show your ticket when joining the ship. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time as the passenger gangway will close promptly.
- Passengers who board via the passenger gangway but decide to disembark the ship in a vehicle must notify the 'Onboard Services Officer' who can be found on 'B' deck.
- A responsible fare-paying adult must accompany children under 12 years.
We hope you have a great trip!Travel FAQ's