Passenger Vehicle Ferry Service
Southampton <> East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Red Funnel's modern fleet of car ferries operate the sheltered central route to the Isle of Wight between Southampton Docks and East Cowes. The crossing takes 55-60 minutes which means earlybirds can start the day with a famous Red Funnel English Breakfast, a premier coffee and the morning paper.
The service operates all year round including Christmas Day (25 Dec) and is renowned for its reliability and smoothness - our guests seldom feel seasick!
Bookings can be made easily either online, by phone or via your holiday accommodation provider. As we use eTickets, sent to you via email you can book from anywhere in the world at any time. Better still, iPhone, Android and Blackberry Smartphone users can retreive untravelled bookings on their device for true paperless check-in.
ReFuel Cafe restaurant
ReFuel café restaurants can be found onboard all Red Funnel's vehicle ferries. It is a modern catering brand offering a delicious range of freshly prepared hot meals, traditional breakfasts, sandwiches, rolls, salads, snacks, fresh baked pastries, cookies and muffins.
Steam Coffee Company
The Steam Coffee Company offers a range of premium coffees made from the finest roasted Arabica beans, fine teas and a selection of deliciously indulgent cakes and pastries.
- Service operates: 365 days a year (including Christmas Day)
- Crossing time: approx 55-60 minutes
- Speed: 12-14 knots
- Departures: Every 60 minutes Apr-Oct, every 90 minutes Nov-Mar
- Reliability: 99.46%
- Carryings: 1.6 million passengers per annum
- Capacity: over 200 cars/800 passengers per sailing
- Booking: fares are cheaper if pre-booked online
- Onboard facilities: FREE WiFi, Steam Coffee Company, Bar1861 and ReFuel - serving a wide range of hot food including the famous Red Funnel breakfast
- Red Funnel's vehicle ferries are the largest ships ever to serve the Isle of Wight
From A bto B to Sea with a Solent Go travelcard
With a Solent Go travelcard you simply top up your card with funds for bus and ferry travel. When travelling, you place your Solent Go travelcard on the travelcard reader.
Travelcard readers can be found at the front of the bus and are located next to the driver. Please ask the driver if you need any further assistance.
Ferry / Hovercraft:
Travelcard readers are located close to the point of boarding. These will either be fixed to a wall or could be portable and held by a member of staff. As you would on a bus, it is important that you place your travelcard on the reader.
For further information and to register for a Solent Go travelcard, please click here.