Healthcare Travel Terms
Healthcare Travel Scheme Terms & Conditions
- Applications must be made on Red Funnel’s Healthcare Travel Form. No other applications will be accepted.
- The discounted fare will be applied for the patient and a companion attending an NHS appointment or for NHS treatment under a named NHS consultant at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The scheme only applies to return foot passenger journeys from East or West Cowes to Southampton. The scheme does not include the carriage of vehicles between East Cowes and Southampton 3. The discounted fare is only valid for outbound travel on the day of the treatment or procedure and travel is not permitted before 0845 hrs unless, at Red Funnel’s discretion, the appointment time requires the patient to travel earlier.
- The discounted fare normally applies to Day Return journeys for outpatient treatment but may be extended (for example for in-patient treatment) if the patient can prove that an overnight stay is required.
- To purchase tickets, foot passengers on the day of travel should hand the form in at the ticket office during opening hours together with a valid appointment card/letter.
- Short notice appointments without a card or letter will be considered at Red Funnel’s discretion. Failure to provide sufficient proof of a qualifying appointment will result in the full fare being payable at the ticket office and no refunds will be given in retrospect.
- The following are excluded from the scheme:
- Patients attending for treatment privately
- Patients attending treatment at a private hospital
- Patients attending appointments with GPs, pharmacists, dentists or opticians
- Patients in receipt of benefits which would entitle them to claim under the Hospital Travel Costs scheme (www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/healthcosts/pages/travelcosts.aspx)
- Patients attending a course of radiotherapy (the cost of travel incurred for this is reimbursed through a scheme operated by Isle of Wight Council.
- The scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other Red Funnel offer or promotion and is not available to account customers. Scheme excludes vehicles and Season and Saver tickets.
- Discounted fares can only be obtained at time of booking and cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Tickets cannot be purchased online.
- Red Funnel and the local PCT and NHS Trusts will audit applications to guard against fraudulent us.
- Customers found misusing discounted tickets will incur a surcharge to the equivalent standard return fare and will be excluded from purchasing tickets under the scheme in future.
- Red Funnel reserves the right to review fares periodically and amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without prior notice.
- Travel is subject to availability and Standard Terms and Conditions of carriage apply.