Safety and quality are closely linked and therefore to ensure the best possible management system for managing the fleet, Red Funnel voluntarily chose to obtain the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management standard.
The ISO 9000 family of standards represents an international consensus on good Quality Management practices. It consists of standards and guidelines relating to Quality Management systems and related supporting standards.
ISO 9001:2008 is the standard that provides a set of standardised requirements for a quality management system, regardless of what the user organisation does, its size, or whether it is in the private, or public sector. It is the only standard in the family against which organisations can be certified. Although certification is not a compulsory requirement of the standard, Red Funnel has chosen to obtain certification.
The objectives of the ISO 9000 standards are to:
- Fulfil the customer's quality requirements;
- Comply with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Aim to enhance customer satisfaction;
- Achieve continual improvement of the Company’s performance in pursuit of these objectives
Red Funnel’s Quality Management System is fully integrated with the Safety Management System and also with the Environmental Management System. This approach will ensure the Company’s stated objectives of achieving the highest standards of safety, environmental and quality performance are achieved.
The current scope of Red Funnel’s Quality Management System is:
- Sea and coastal freight and passenger water transport
- Management of ships employed in domestic voyages
- Terminal and Food & Beverage operations
- Freight and distribution business