Statement of Environmental Policy
It is the Policy of the Company to protect the Environment and promote good working practices designed to minimise the effects of pollution. The company has integrated its environmental policy into its Safety Management System and will undertake environmental audits or reviews to assess environmental performance.
The Company objectives are to:-
• Comply with the requirements of the company Environmental Management System
• Avoid damage to the environment, in particular, the marine environment
• Establish safeguards against all identifiable environmental risks
• Continuously improve environmental management skills of personnel
• Have a commitment to continual improvement.
• Have a commitment to prevention of pollution.
• Have a commitment to comply with relevant environmental legislation and any other selected requirements.
These objectives will be achieved by:-
• Identification of environmentally significant impacts of the organisations operations and the imposition of management system controls for these.
• Implementing and complying with requirements of ISO 14001:2004
• Motivating respect, responsibility and concern by employees for the environment.
All employees are reminded that they are expected to comply with Safety and Pollution Prevention Regulations and Procedures at all times, and to take necessary precautions to protect the environment.
The EMS is applicable to all vessels, all terminals, and the headquarters building.