Committed to Minimising our impact on the Environment
Red Funnel is committed to minimising its impact on the environment. In March 2011, we were one of the first ferry companies in Europe to awarded the ISO14001 accreditation.
The objectives of the ISO 14000 standards is as follows:
- Minimise harmful effects to the environment caused by activities;
- Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance.
Red Funnel are keen to achieve and demonstrate sound environmental performance by controlling the impacts of its activities and services on the environment consistent with the Company's environmental policy.
The ISM Code requires Red Funnel to establish good practice to minimise its impact on the environment. Therefore obtaining the ISO 14001 standard would be a good fit with the Company's Integrated Management System to help emphasise the importance of environmental protection throughout the day to day operations.
Red Funnel has ISO 14001:2004 certification for its Fleet Management, Terminal and Food & Beverage operations (including Steam Coffee Company).
Did you know?
- All glass, plastic and waste paper from our Vehicle Ferries in segregated and recycled.
- All waste paper and cardboard from our administrative offices is recycled to ISO:14001 standards.
- We use low sulphur fuels for all our vessels.